Tapping into the energy storage opportunity
At Pacific Green we specialize in delivering grid-scale smart energy storage solutions from greenfield to operation.
We have a multi gigawatt-hour (GWh) global pipeline of battery energy storage in development over the next 48 months - reaching across Europe, Australia and North America.
Storage will be key in helping the host countries meet their climate goals. Pacific Green has industry leading supply chain efficiencies essential for competitive costs and unrivalled leadtimes for any grid-scale energy storage project.
A winning formula /
Pacific Green leads the smart energy transition with its storage solutions. Our innovative skillset, coupled with our expertise ensures the highest performance and safety standards for every project’s success.
The right team
- Carefully chosen people from the high-voltage infrastructure and finance sectors
- A cohesive group of professionals with a long history of working together
- Demonstrable experience and assets under construction
- A well established, successful relationship with our Chinese partners via our Shanghai office
The right partnerships
- Sourcing capacity for the most bankable assets, cutting lead times and saving costs
- Vertical integration and relationships with key battery and primary plant suppliers
- Partners with bankable western project experience
The right business model
- Accurate financial modelling and commercial development
- Faster, more straightforward projects, conducted in realistic timescales
- Real-world experience in taking projects to financial close
- Options for leveraged or unleveraged projects
How we do it /
Pacific Green has developed a scalable model providing investors with access to opportunities across the energy transition space.
- Land Sourcing
- Land Leas / Purchase
- Planning Consent
- Grid Connection
- Technical Specifications
- Revenue Offtake
- Design & Construct Contract
- Technical & Legal Due Diligence
- Debt Sourcing
- Site Engineering
- Project Management
- QC / QA
- Site Supervision
- Factory & Site Testing
Operations & Ownership
- Asset Management
- O&M Management
- Warranty Management
- Operational Reporting
- Financial Reporting
Global portfolio /
Delivering grid-scale energy storage with a Global reach
Pacific Green has a global reach with international offices and we partner with world-leading battery technology producers.
Pacific Green’s Shanghai office with over 30 engineers and 15 years of renewables experience, results in a deep understanding of what it takes to form long-term partnerships in China.
We can execute projects at scale and at speed, allowing investors to rapidly tap into the lucrative returns that can be gained from large-scale battery energy parks around the world.
Global pipeline of projects aiming to commence construction over the next 48 months
Project spotlight /
Richborough Energy Park
Sheaf Energy Park
Limestone Coast Energy Park
Portland Energy Park
“Pacific Green has a global reach with international offices and we partner with world-leading battery technology producers. We can execute projects at scale and at speed, allowing investors to rapidly tap into the lucrative returns that can be gained from large-scale battery energy parks around the world.”
Investing in a battery storage energy park
There are a growing number of energy infrastructure opportunities in the UK as the country sets a course for net zero emissions. The example here is the case of two projects totalling 350MW / 475MWh being built by Pacific Green at the site of an old power station - Richborough Energy Park in Kent.
Richborough (99.8MW) is the first phase on this site. The phase 2 development, namely Sheaf, is already underway and comprises a further 250MW/375MWh on adjacent land. It is expected to be operational in early 2025.
When finished, these projects will total 475MWh and will form the largest battery energy storage installation in the UK.
Energy Storage Insights
Insights and news related to our work in Battery Energy Storage